Public Safety Officer
Police Officer Trainee
Bainbridge Public Safety - Bainbridge, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $28,261.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $31,209.00 annual
The Public Safety concept requires that all members of the departmentare cross-trained and cross-certified in Police services as well as Firefighting services. Public Safety Duties include:
- Patrols an assigned zone to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to 911 and non-emergency calls, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, disorderly conduct, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and others.
- Responds to fires; suppresses fires utilizing such firefighting equipment and techniques as nozzle direction and building ventilation.
- Participates in salvage and overhaul operations.
- Assists the public by providing directions and information and taking complaints.
- Responds to EMS calls, rescue situations, traffic accidents, and hazardous materials incidents.
- Extricates accident victims as needed.
- Provides assistance and back-up support to other officers as necessary.
- Maintains a clean working environment by performing housekeeping and grounds maintenance duties.
- Inspects and maintains assigned apparatus and equipment.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education Incetives
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or Recognized Equivalent
- Experience: None Required
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Not have been convicted by any state or by the federal government of any crime the punishment for which could have been imprisonment nor have been convicted of sufficient misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law, provided that, for purposes of this paragraph, violations of traffic laws and other offenses involving the operation of motor vehicles when the applicant has received a pardon shall not be considered;
- Possess good moral character as determined by investigation under procedure established by the Director of Public Safety;
- Have an oral interview(s) to determine the applicant's appearance, background, and ability to communicate, reason, problem solve as it relates to the duties of a Public Safety Officer;
- Be found, after examination by a licensed physician or surgeon, to be free from any physical, emotional, and/or mental conditions which might adversely affect his exercising the powers or duties of a Public Safety Officer;
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License;
- Complete the Compass Entrance Exam administered by an accredited member of the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) with the following minimum scores: Reading 70 Writing 70
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!