Police Officer Lateral
Albany Police Department - Albany, Oregon
- Application Deadline:
The Albany Police Department in Oregonis accepting applications from qualifiedLATERAL POLICE OFFICERS*in order to establish a pool of candidates to fill vacancies as they become available* A lateral police officer is someone who has completed at least 3 years of continuous service and is in good standing with his/her current/most recent police agency as a sworn police officer (responsible for 9-1-1 calls) for a recognized state, county or city (municipal) entity.
Salary Range: $4,237 to $5,337 per month (Salary placement contingent upon qualifications to include years of service as a certified police officer, and any training/assignments in special law enforcement areas.) Salary Incentives: The following salary incentives shall be applied to monthly base salary upon hire if applicable/approved, and/or as received and assigned/approved.
- 2% incentive for successfully passing ORPAT *
- 6% incentive for Bachelors Degree **
- 3% incentive for Associates Degree **
- 6% incentive for DPSST Advanced Certification
- 3% incentive for DPSST Intermediate Certification
- 5% incentive for Spanish Advanced Level
- 3% incentive for Spanish Intermediate Level
- 5% incentive for Field Training Officer assignment
- 5% incentive for Detective assignment
Additional Incentives: - Fronted sick and vacation leave may be considered upon hire at the discretion of the Chief of Police.- City-provided uniforms, duty weapon, equipment, and uniform cleaning. - Officers with canine assignment shall receive 10 hrs of overtime credit per month.- Annual firearms range membership paid by City.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 3 years