Police Officer 1
Huntersville Police Department - Huntersville, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $36,687.00 annual
• Patrols streets in a police vehicle or on foot; develops and maintains working rapport with citizens and community leaders in assigned neighborhood; checks doors and windows; detects unusual conditions, makes arrests and transports suspects for processing; provides service to the public; advises citizens on departmental procedures and options available.
• Responds to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, loud and disruptive behavior, etc.
• Enforces traffic laws; patrols or conducts stationary observation of traffic; stops suspicious vehicles for investigation
• Conducts investigations of criminal cases including felonies
• Operates a law enforcement vehicle during both the day and night and in emergency situations.
• Perform searches of people, vehicles, building and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects, detaining people and stopping suspicious vehicles and persons.
• Effectively communicate with people, including juveniles, by giving information and directions, mediating disputes and advising of rights and processes.
• Perform rescue functions at accidents, administer emergency medical aid
• Perform general field law enforcement duties as required. Officers in this position are required to perform all the essential job functions of a Police Officer Classification Specification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
BLET Certification is strongly preferred for new officers.
Must be 21 years of age or older
Must be a citizen of the United States
Must be a High School graduate or possess an equivalency certificate
Must possess a valid North Carolina drivers license
Must possess a valid North Carolina Law Enforcement Certificate (BLET)
Must be of good moral character
Have not committed or been convicted of a felony
Have no more than 4 Class A misdemeanor convictions (within last 5 years)
Have no Class B misdemeanor convictions
Lateral North Carolina Sworn Transfers
Out of state sworn law enforcement officers with a minimum of two years experience and not having more than one year break in service.
- Age: 21
- Education: H.S.
- Experience: N/A- BLET required
Certification as a law enforcement officer in the State of North Carolina or the ability to laterally transfer your certificaiton from out of state.
Good moral character
Not subject to current IA or disciplinary procedure
Have not resigned in lieu of termination from prior employment.
Sgt. T.L. Medlin
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!