Police Officer (Entry Level or Certified)
Bryan Police Department - Bryan, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,514.00 annual
The Bryan Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer (Entry Level or Certified). We are seeking individuals with integrity who are committed to public service, dedicated and professional, with a willingness and compassion to work together with the citizens of Bryan to maintain a healthy and safe community.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Written Test Date
Saturday, August 23, 2014
$43,514 up to $64,314/yr (depending on certification)
About Bryan, Texas
Bryan is a city noted for its warmth and hospitality. It covers an area of 34.5 square miles and has a population of over 70,000. Situated in the center of the "Texas Triangle" formed by Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio, over 80% of the state's population is within three hours drive from Bryan. Bryan and its sister city, College Station, are also privileged to be the home of Texas A&M University and the George Bush Presidential Library.
To apply and/or to view more information regarding the application and testing process click here. You should receive an on-line confirmation number once you have successfully submitted your application online for the Police Officer posting and will receive a confirmation letter and exam study guide by mail.
Please be sure you get an online confirmation number to ensure you have successfully. Be sure to also download the information packet that includes the required Personal History form. You must bring this completed form to the exam with you.
- Age: 21-44
- Education: See below
- Experience: None required
- U.S. citizen between the ages of 21 and 44.
- High school diploma; OR a high school equivalency certificate or GED and has 12 hours college credit with at least a 2.0 grade point average; OR an honorable discharge from the armed forces after at least 24 months of active duty service.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- If applicable, discharge from military service must be under honorable conditions.
- No felony or Class A misdemeanor convictions; no Class B misdemeanor convictions within the past 10 years.
- Good moral character, stable employment record and no history of any conduct which may affect suitability for law enforcement work.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!