Grand Prairie Police Dept. - Grand Prairie , Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $52,893.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $52,893.00 annual
Grand Prairie is a rapidly growing city of 180,000 residents. A career with the Grand Prairie Police Department offers a variety of assignments with opportunity for advancement. Grand Prairie Police have specialized units in Lake Patrol, School Resource Officers, Motorcycle Squad, Tactical Teams, SWAT, Detectives, Traffic Enforcement, Community Service, Training and many others. Our officers are proud members of a progressive, professional department.
Excellent compensation plus additional pay for:
- Bilingual Pay
- Clothing allowance
- Stability pay
- Take home vehicle
All applicants must provide the following documentation no later than the deadline of application:
- Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
- Form DD-214 - Applicants with military service will have 5 points added to their passing raw test score provided they submit a DD-214 reflecting an honorable discharge.
- Applicants have 10 days after the Civil Service Exam to complete the background packet Personal History Statement. Please click link for PHS. (Personal History Statement)
For more information please visit: http://www.grandprairiepolice.org/jobs/application.htm
Exam Date: October 25, 2014
- Age: 21 - 44
- Education: Bachelors
- Experience: See requirments
- U.S. Citizen 21 - 44 years of age, a person 45 years of age or older are not eligible for a beginning position as a police officer.Applicants must have at least a Bachelor's degree with at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Be eligible for certification from TCOLE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement) and possess a high school diploma or GED and at least three (3) years of experience as a regular full-time peace officer with arrest powers for a city, county, state or federal law enforcement agency during the period immediately preceding the submission date of their application (Military Police experience does not count as regular full-time peace officer experience); OR
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D and at least three (3) years of active duty military experience in accordance with the definition of Military Service Credit listed in Section 2.1 (e) of the City of Grand Prairie Local Civil Service Rules and have exited within 18 months prior to submitting their application OR
- Possess thirty (30) or more college semester hours with at least a 2.0 GPA for applicants who have completed at least three (3) years of active duty military service and have exited more than 18 months, but less than 36 months, prior to submitting their application OR
- Have three (3) years of experience in a Grand Prairie Police Department non-civil service position and thirty (30) college semester hours.
- University or college accreditation must be from one of the six regional associations of colleges and schools as follows: MSACHE, NEACHE, NCACHE, NWASC, SACSCC or WASC)
Lateral Requirements (click on link for more details) www.grandprairiepolice.org/jobs/qualifications.htm
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!