Security Manager/Investigator - Temporary - Toronto-13012
Air Canada - Montreal, Canada,
- Application Deadline:
- Works with internal clients and managers involved with security issues. Must provide adequate pro-active and/or reactive solutions for security problems, showing the cost efficiency of the security measures and the impact on the bottom line.
- Is responsible for the assessment of in-flight security cases within his/her Region, including assessing security requirements for escorts, unruly passengers, suspicious passengers, suspicious substances and suspicious objects found on board.
- Responsible for loss prevention and investigation of theft and fraud occurrences, including credit card fraud, whether internal (employees) or external. Is also responsible to lead all other investigations when a criminal infraction has taken place, including assaults, threats, drugs, corruption and IT crime.
- Responsible for all aspects of physical security, including guard services, access control, identification of employees (card access and identification card) and CCTV systems and security contractors. Must enforce standards and promote consistency, to augment security and decrease costs. Is responsible for assistance of Strategic Purchasing.
- Will ensure a local liaison with the authorities, including TSA, TC, CATSA, FAA, Customs and Immigration (CBSA), Police Forces, Armed Forces and the Aircraft Protection Officers program in Canada and abroad.
- Must raise the level of security awareness, through training and communication and will assist in the drafting of travel advisories within his/her Region with the Security Manager, Regulatory and Communication.
- Is partly responsible for the planning of emergency and contingency measures, must also develop a capacity to assess risks and to communicate that information to our senior management, employees and clients. Must measure the efficiency of the department, develop a quality assurance system and must promote good management practices within the department.
- Delivers security services to affiliates including AIR CANADA, JETZ, CARGO, ROUGE,and to some extent with JAZZ.
- Responsible for the executive protection program of all senior executives including physical standards & response processes.
- Assists in the development of Security based on the following principles: strong ethical values, goals, strategic planning, tactical operations, policy and procedures, communication, client satisfaction, quality assurance and sound management practices which foster good employee relations. Maintains a liaison with the managers responsible for Canadian airports, as well as U.S. based and International stations within his/her area.
- Obtains when necessary feedback from his/her clients, including senior management, to measure the level of satisfaction and the efficiency of the Corporate Security Risk Management mandate.
- Develops expertise within the security field vis-à-vis networking with private investigators, government agencies both local and abroad.
- Maintains a file management system and tracks financial costs, where necessary, through the use of SIIMS.
- With the other Security Managers, identifies new trends, techniques which assist in the reduction of various threats against Air Canada.
- Where necessary thoroughly investigates criminal acts perpetrated against Air Canada, both internal and external and provides a report and recommendations to the applicable law enforcement agency.
- Assists the Senior Director in the development of a quality assurance program.
- Supports and assists the Senior Director in developing and ensuring the uninterrupted services related to the Executive Protection Program, including Risk Assessment, Advance Travel Assessment, Event Security Services, Residence Assessment & Family Security Services.
- Age: 0
- Education: BAC
- Experience: 5-7 years
- Extensive law enforcement, private security experience.
- Extensive investigative, interview and major case management experience.
- Sound familiarity with the rules of evidence and the criminal judicial processes.
- Familiarity with the labour arbitration processes.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and foreign aviation security policies
- Sound knowledge of domestic and foreign aviation security policies.
- Current and up to date understanding of threats and risks that exist relative to civil aviation around the globe.
- Current knowledge of global terrorism trends & targets
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external entities at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Exemplary ability to prioritize, delegate and problem-solve under stressful conditions.
- Ability to manage a vast investigative file load through the use of records management.
- Sound familiarity with emergency & crisis response practices, including business continuity planning & resumption
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!