Police Officer Trainee
Gwinnett County Police Department - Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $36,074.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $38,238.00 annual
The Gwinnett County Police Department is a nationally accredited and rapidly growing police agency located in the Northeastern quadrant of the Atlanta Metropolitan area. The Department currently has an authorized strength of 758 sworn officers supported by 307 civilian employees with the responsibility of providing law enforcement services to over 800,000 residents within an area of 437 square miles. We have a state of the art training facility with a driving course and shoot house. The department has 5 divisions, allowing for plenty of opportunity for mobility. You will have exciting opportunities to work in specialized units such as D.U.I., Motors, K-9, Criminal Investigations, and Narcotics Investigations, just to name a few. The starting salary for the department starts at $36,074.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Assists with enforcing County and state laws when deemed necessary to provide a safe environment for the public.
- Assists with the preparation of reports on crimes, violations and accidents committed within the County.
- Assists in providing help to crime victims and the general public.
- Assists in performing security checks of closed businesses and residential areas.
- Assists in maintaining County car, uniforms, weapons and county property.
- Attends and testifies in court on behalf of the County.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug program and wellness programs.
- Shared cost retirement plans and deferred compensation for your retirement needs.
- 12 paid holidays per year, 13 days Annual Leave per year, 13 days Sick Leave and compensation for required military duty and jury duty.
- 3% pay increase for Associates Degree and 6% pay increase for Bachelor's Degree.
- Take home vehicle for every officer upon graduation of the Police Academy.
- All uniforms and equipment are issued.
- Age: 21 prior to graduating the Police Academ
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: None Required
Training and Experience (positions in this class require):
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D.;
- or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements (positions in this class require):
- Valid Driver’s License from state of residency.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Report preparation procedures;
- Computers and applicable software;
- Customer service principles.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
- Driving a vehicle;
- Preparing reports;
- Solving problems and decision making;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to odors, dusts, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, intense noises and travel.
- This position may require: 24 hour on call assignment, overtime, or working weekends, holidays, 10-hour, 12-hour, and rotating shifts.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!