Stamford Police Department - Stamford, Connecticut
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $55,625.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,880.00 annual
The Stamford Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Stamford is the 3rd largest city in the State of Connecticut. It is a diverse growing city with a Police Department of 283 sworn officers. Within the Department there are unlimited opportunities and varied work assignments. Divisions range from Patrol, Criminal Investigations, Family Services, K-9, Narcotics and Organized Crime, Computer Crimes, Crime Scene Identification, Harbor Patrol, Motorcycle Squad, Bobb Squad, Special Response Team, Hostage Negotiations, Traffic Unit, School Resource Officers, Crash Anayysis & Reconstruction to the Training Division.
$55,625 - $69,880 annual pay
paid vacation, paid holidays, paid personal days
full medical, paid sick leave
Uniform allowance ($1600 annually with additional $400 every 3 years)
Retirement benefits- optional pension at 20ysr growing to 76% after 30yrs of service.
Deferred compensation/IRA available- optional in addition to pension plan.
Extra pay- overtime and construction jobs
Excellent promotional opportunities
• A US Citizen, at time of appointment
• Must be 21yrs at time of appointment (can be 20yrs at time of exam)
• Possess a valid US Driver’s License
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED
Candidates will be required to pass the following:
• Physical Agility Test (CHIP accepted, www.chip-inc.com) sit ups, push-ups, flex, 1.5 mile run
• Written exam and oral exam
• Extensive background investigation
• Polygraph exams
• Physical exams & Medical standards
• Drug screening
• Oral interviews with the Chief of Police and Police Commission
• Psychological Evaluation
• Six month Police Academy- overnight schooling required
• Field Training Program
• There is an 18 month probationary period.
• Residency Points given to Stamford Residents
• Veterans Points given
- Age: 21yrs at time of appointment
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: none required
For further information or an application go to:
If you have any questions or want further information you can also contact Captain Elizabeth Erickson at Berickson@stamfordct.gov or call 203-977-4432.