Police Records Clerk II
City of Hayward - Hayward, California
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,319.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,116.00 monthly
To apply, please visit www.CalOpps.org
The City of Hayward is excited to announce its recruitment for the position of Police Records Clerk II. Under general supervision from the Records Supervisor, incumbents performs a variety of responsible clerical work involving the processing and maintenance of Police Department reports, records and files. This includes heavy data input from police reports, the use of work processing to produce statements, letters, petitions, civil and criminal complaints, processing and maintaining warrants, assisting the public on the telephone or at the counter by responding to requests for information and accepting fees for a variety of items.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform record keeping, logging, filing, indexing, copying, and other general clerical work with police records, reports, and data.
- Processes statements, reports, letters, citations, subpoenas, petitions, civil and criminal complaints and other material on a word processor including the transcription of tapes.
- Assists the public and other agencies at the counter and by phone responding to requests for information, accepting fees, processing vehicle release forms and making copies of relevant documents.
- Processes, maintains and clears warrants and routes citations to appropriate courts or departments.
- Processes purchase requisitions, claims for payment and bail bonds; balances cash register.
- Compiles and inputs police statistics and checks output for accuracy.
- Sends and receives electronic messages with state and federal Departments of Justice.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Candidates must submit a completed job application and a response to the Supplemental Questions. Application packets will be screened and candidates considered best qualified will move forward to a competitive examination process, which may include a writing exercise, practical /performance exam, and/or an oral interview.
The examination process will result in a ranked eligible register of candidates for hiring consideration by the department. The actual job offer will depend on the candidate’s success in the departmental selection process.
Completion of this Supplemental Questionnaire is required for your application to be considered and is an integral part of the examination process. Responses should be limited to one page per question and sufficiently detailed to assist in evaluating your qualifications for this position. Writing ‘see resume’ is not a sufficient response.
1. Please describe, with some detail, you work experience with records management systems (i.e.,Accutrac, Infolinx, Zasio, or other integrated software.)
2. Please describe your work experience with computers in the area of word processing and data entry.
3. Please describe, with some detail your customer service experience dealing with upset and/or difficult customers.
4. Please describe, in detail, your experience related to processing detailed, sensitive, and/or confidential documents.
- Age: - no age requirement
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelve (12th) grade.
- Experience: Two (2) years performing duties similar to a Police Records Clerk I in the City of Hayward
A typing certificate with 35 net words per minute from within the last six (6) months must accompany your application.
You may obtain a free typing test at any East Bay Works Center. Typing certificates will also be accepted from a public school, business school, temporary agency or similar agency. The typing certificate should attest a 5-minute timed test and specify net words per minute.
Online certificates will not be accepted.
To apply, please visit www.CalOpps.org