Special Agent / Senior Special Agent
Union Pacific - Kansas City, Missouri
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $70,200.00 annual
Responsible for employee and public safety; protection of facilities, real estate and assets; and the protection of our customer's lading through police activities, security services, and crime prevention and safety initiatives.
- Responsible for all police activities including patrol; criminal investigation; executive, cargo, and asset protection; grade crossing traffic enforcement; facility and Homeland security; and emergency response preparedness.
- Share inter-department responsibility for employee and public safety; crossing accident and third party personal injury investigation; freight claim resolution; civil investigation; hazardous material release and related environmental issues.
- Work with other special agents or independently with primary responsibility for an assigned geographical territory to: Conduct investigations of illegal activity or follow-up investigations of criminal cases; Write comprehensive and detailed reports that accurately articulate the findings in accordance with department guidelines and government legal standards; Interview victims, witnesses and suspects to develop the facts of the case and write criminal complaint and warrant documents in compliance with state and federal laws; Collect, preserve and interpret physical evidence and identify and recover stolen property.
- Prepare criminal cases for prosecution, work directly with prosecutors, attorneys and court officials, and personally testify for the Company in court.
- Investigate all matters related to employee criminal misconduct.
- Participate in crime reduction enforcement operations to ensure customer's lading moves intact without unnecessary delay from origin to destination.
- Ensure that highly sensitive Government shipments requiring special handling are protected or inspected according to federal rules and regulations.
- Investigate fully (interview, photograph, measure & diagram) all vehicle accidents, employee and third party injuries in the absence of a Claims Agent or a Sr Spec Agent - Accident Specialist.
- Promote public safety through grade crossing traffic enforcement operations (UPCARE) and the investigation of unsafe motorist incidents.
- Implement the Union Pacific's Homeland Security "security" plan counter measures as threat levels change.
- Participate in "red team" audits on critical targets to test vulnerabilities and validate effectiveness of security measures.
- Participate in the Executive protection of the Board of Directors, Corporate Officers and Senior Railroad management, family and their guests.
- This is a physically demanding job. The successful candidate will be required, among other things, to walk or run long distances over uneven terrain in the rail yard; and to climb on to and off of equipment. The successful candidate will also be required to take and pass the annual physical and firearms tests for U.P. Special Agents.
- To respond to patrol and police activities the ideal candidate will reside within 50 miles of the assigned office location.
- Age: 18
- Education: Graduated from an accredited Police Academy
- Experience: 1 year experience in law enforcement in a patrol assignment with a public law enforcement agency
Applicants must apply online at www.up.jobs
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!