Public Safety Police Officer - Parkland College
Parkland College Public Safety - Champaign, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $41,620.00 annual
The department's Police Officers provide campus-wide protection for all college patrons, property and basic emergency medical care. All Officers must maintain an Illinois EMS license. The Police Officers will patrol the campus, complete written reports and take necessary law enforcement action to maintain order pursuant to State law and college policies.
- Maintaining order on-campus pursuant to College policies, state, and federal law.
- Providing facility and patron security.
- Performing parking and traffic enforcement and routine patrol.
- Conducting investigations.
- Providing emergency care.
- Performing forcible arrests as necessary.
- Documenting incidents.
- Maintaining a good rapport with college faculty, staff, and patrons.
- Providing assistance upon request.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
- Testifying in a court of law.
- Wearing and maintaining appropriate uniform.
- Maintaining current certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
To view the complete job description, requirments, and to apply please visit www.parkland.edu/facultystaff/employementopportunities
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: none
To be considered for this position applicants will provide:
A completed Parkland College employment application through NeoGov
Mandatory attendance to orientation and testing onAugust 9, 2014is required for applicant consideration.
- No felony convictions; must pass thorough background check.
- Must complete basic police academy training & complete on-the-job field officer training program.
- Pass required physical fitness standard, written exam, written observation skills test, oral interview, psychological evaluation and medical exam.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!