Communications Officer I
Paulding County E 9-1-1 - Dallas, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $12.45 hourly
This position is responsible for receiving emergency and administrative calls, providing emergency medical dispatch instructions, and dispatching appropriate emergency responders.
Applications can be downloaded and printed out at www.paulding.gov or are available at the Paulding County Human Resources Office.
Employment applications will only be accepted for currently posted vacancies. Please do not submit a general application for an unknown position; it will not be considered. Applicants must submit a Paulding County Application for Employment and must specify the position of interest. Applicants may submit a resume to supplement the application, but resumes alone will not be accepted.
Applications may be faxed to (770) 443-7558 or dropped by or mailed to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, Human Resources Department, 240 Constitution Blvd., Dallas, GA 30132. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
** Do not send applications directly to the 911 center. All applications must go through Human Resources. For information, please contact HR at (770) 443-7521 **
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: None
- Ability to pass a computerized pre-employment test which measures knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with entry level requirements for this position including, written and audible data entry skills, multi-tasking, spelling, map reading, reading comprehension, and decision making.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school or state education program (GED).
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain Georgia POST Communications Officer Certification. (Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.)
- All applicants are subject to a comprehensive background investigation, to include GCIC/NCIC, MVR, and reference checks. All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory results on post-offer physical, drug screen, and psychological examination.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.