Garland Police Department - Garland, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,350.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $51,780.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $70,111.00 annual
- Pro-active enforcement of all applicable criminal and traffic laws, including the issuance of citations.
- Respond to calls for service from citizens.
- Maintain high-visibility patrols.
- Education of public and citizen contacts.
- Prepare and complete all necessary reports and supplements.
- Attend state mandated and supplemental training each year.
- Testify in court concerning collection of evidence.
- Preserve and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Garland, Texas, by following the City's guiding principles.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
• Must be United States of America citizen at the time of application• At least age 18 and not over the age of 44 at the time of exam, and not over age 44 at time of hire• Must have either a High School Diploma or GED• Must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements: o 60 hours of college credit or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, or
o 2 years active United States of America military service with a Honorable discharge, or
o 2 years experience as full-time paid peace officer
- Age: 18 - 44 years of age
- Education: High school Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience: None