LATERAL-ENTRY POLICE OFFICER
Police Officer Trainee
City of Mukilteo - Mukilteo, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,922.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $5,236.00 monthly
- $5,604.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $6,631.00 monthly
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION: Performs the functions of law enforcement necessary to maintain public peace, protect life and property, prevent crime, apprehend violators of the law and otherwise assure proper enforcement of the laws and ordinances of the City of Mukilteo and the State of Washington. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION: Contributes to the preservation of peace and protection of life and property by patrolling an assigned area primarily by car and occasionally on foot, by bicycle or motorcycle. Responds to a wide variety of calls and complaints involving, automobile accidents, burglaries, robberies, theft, domestic disturbances, assaults and other misdemeanors and felonies. Apprehends criminals and/or violators, conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations, crime scene evidence and investigations, traffic and parking control, accident investigations, participates in crime prevention activities and must have an extensive knowledge of the layout of City streets, knowledge of federal, state and municipal laws, and becomes familiar with the routines of the City and its citizens in order to identify unusual or abnormal activities.
Contributes to a favorable image of the Mukilteo Police Department. Performs various other duties as assigned, including the transportation of prisoners to county jails, and serving misdemeanor and felony warrants for arrest. *** In addition, we are paying a $3,000 signing bonus!. *** Please visit the City of Mukilteo website at www.ci.mukilteo.wa.us, select "Employment Opportunities" on the main page to find the posting for this open position. A City of Mukilteo application is required for consideration.
- Age: : Minimum Age: 21
- Education: : High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Experience: : At least 24 months civilian law enforcement
- Possess a current and valid driver's license and when hired, obtain a State of Washington driver's license within 30 days
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Have successfully graduated from the Washington Criminal Justice Training Academy or equivalent
- Have been active in civilian law enforcement in the previous 24 months and able to be certified by the Washington State Law Enforcement Training Commission
- Have completed a probationary period
- We encourage applicants who have a minimum of conversational-level skill with a second language.