Assistant Manager-Park Peace Officer
Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.-Goliad State Park - Goliad, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,978.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $4,029.00 monthly
***COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY ONLINE PLEASE VISIT HTTP://WWW.TPWD.STATE.TX.US/BUSINESS/JOBS***
Posting # 14-00811
Under the direction of the Complex Manager, this position is responsible for the preservation, protection, administration, operation, and maintenance of Goliad State Park Complex. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cultural and natural resource stewardship, financial management, budget planning, preparation and monitoring, revenue management, human resources management, security and safety programs, maintenance and repair of facilities, grounds and equipment, customer service, public relations, marketing and promotion, interpretation and education, organization of special events, community outreach, volunteer development and coordination of partnerships, and law enforcement. Performs other duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency division, and Branch rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Must have or be able to obtain Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Supervisory and budget experience preferred
- Flexible work schedule with days off other than Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
- Required to work in a public park with overnight camping
- Required to respond to after hours services and emergency situations
- Required to work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions
- Required to perform manual labor including, lifting supplies and materials up to 50 lbs.
- Overnight travel required
- Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles
- Age: 21
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 3 years
Three years experience in 1). natural and cultural resource management; or 2) interpretation or education; or 3) general maintenance; or 4) public safety; or 5) promotions, or public relations, or marketing.
In order to be considered for this position, the following information is required:
- Submittal of a completed online application
- Work history experience MUST be completed in the online application
- A scanned copy of official college transcript(s) issued from the register must be attached to the online application.
Note-Resume and professional references may be attached to the online application, but not in place of the completed application. A skills test may be completed at the time of interview.
Applications may be completed online at: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/jobs
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!