Public Safety Officer - #909050 & 909139
East Carolina University Police Dept. - Greenville, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $31,383.00 annual
The East Carolina University Police Department seeks officer candidates to prevent and suppress crime; protect life and property by effecting arrest, forcible if necessary; conduct safety and crime prevention programs; recognize, identify, and mitigate safety concerns and issues; pursue fleeing suspects; perform rescue operations; prepare reports; determine
when there is reasonable suspicion to detain; and operate law enforcement vehicle, day and night. The selected candidate will be expected to communicate effectively - both orally and in writing; perform duties with a strong emphasis on community policing and customer service; and maintain all certifications and requirements established by the Department. Applicants must be able to wear and use personal protective equipment, Class I respirator, riot control gear.
Work schedule will include rotating shifts: 48 hours one week, 36 hours second week. All new hires and transfers from other agencies must serve a 12-month probationary period.
Candidates must be physically and psychologically able to perform duties of a sworn law
Candidates must also:
* be currently enrolled or have successfully completed North Carolina's Basic Law
Enforcement Training (BLET) program
*be a United States citizen
* be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development (GED)
*have a valid North Carolina driver's license and acceptable driving record
* be at least 20 years of age at the time of testing
* be of good moral character with no disqualifying criminal conviction(s)
*undergo an extensive background investigation including, but not limited to, psychological
evaluation, medical exam, and drug screen
*successfully pass the North Carolina Police Officer Physical Abilities Test (POPAT) prior to
the final offer of employment
*successfully score a minimum of 75% on firearms qualification course prior to final offer of
* be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating
* be available to work special events when necessary
* meet any other minimum employment requirements established by East Carolina University
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University that accommodates individuals with disabilities.
- Age: 21
- Education: NC BLET Certificate
- Experience: NC BLET Certificate
Human Resources Human Resources
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!