Probation Corrections Officer I
Riverside County Probation Department - Riverside, California
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $17.65 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $17.65 hourly
- $17.65 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $24.39 hourly
The County of Riverside Probation Department has full-time and part-time openings for Probation Corrections Officer I positions throughout the County. REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age 6 months from the day they apply.
- Applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements of 60 semester OR 90 quarter units from an accredited college or university. To qualify you must have completed the class and received a final grade which is on your transcripts.
- Applicants cannot currently be on any form of court ordered summary or formal probation.
• In a training capacity: supervises the conduct and behavior of minors; maintains necessary order and discipline; directs the groups in constructive activities and imposes restrictions when necessary. • Prepares daily behavior reports; attempts to modify antisocial behavior and assist minors in adjusting to detention situations; provides guidance on personal problems such as relationships with peers, parents, and school personnel. • Instructs and encourages good manners, sportsmanship, and proper attitudes towards work, play, and citizenship; plans organized recreation and group activities. • Maintains proper living standards and health habits through instruction on personal hygiene; maintains effective security and safety procedures within the unit at all times and is constantly alert for attempts to escape. • Supervises such leisure time activities as games, athletics, crafts, and when required, encourages participation of individuals not already engage in these activities. • Instruct in the rules of various games and in craft methods; referees games and organized tournaments. • Prepares observation reports on detainee's attitudes, behavior, appearance, interest, skills, progress, and needs; administers first aid when required; issues and supervises the taking of medication as directed by professional medical personnel. • Keeps the unit logs and other written information up to date; registers and stores personal belongings; searches for weapons and other contraband articles; checks for marks, bruises, and infections as required. • Staff must be prepared to restrain and/or subdue hostile and/or violent juveniles, which may involve the use of pepper spray, physical force, participating in take downs, and/or the use of handcuffs. • Use the computer to type reports and retrieve data and information. • Will be assigned to a variety of assignments, facilities, and schedules which includes rotating shifts (day, swing and graveyard, weekends, and holidays). Overtime may be required. • Performs other duties as required.
- Age: 21
- Education: 60 Semester units or 90 quarter units
- Experience: No Experience required
For more information, visit us at rc-hr.com.
Prior to employment, candidates will be required to pass an extensive background investigation, physical exam including a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, psychological evaluation, and truth verification process using the Computerized Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA). The physical evaluation will include but is not limited to: Vision: Applicants who wear glasses or contact lenses must have uncorrected vision of no worse than 20/200 correctable to 20/20. Applicants must have normal peripheral fields and color vision. Hearing: Applicants must not have hearing loss greater than 30dB at any of the first three frequencies and an average loss of no greater than 30dB for all four frequencies. Hearing aides are not permitted to meet these requirements. Applicants cannot currently be on summary or formal probation. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a criminal background investigation, including fingerprinting. (A felony or misdemeanor conviction may disqualify the applicant from County employment).
Required Probationary Period - As an Approved Local Merit System, the County of Riverside requires all new regular or seasonal employees to serve an initial probationary period, the duration of which is indicated in the applicable Memorandum of Understanding, County Resolution, or Salary Ordinance. Temporary and Per Diem employees serve at the pleasure of the agency/department head.
The County of Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the County of Riverside to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Riverside is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the recruiter for the position noted above. For additional information and/or to obtain the appropriate form for requesting a reasonable accommodation , please visit the Disability Access Office web page located at: http://dao.rc-hr.com/.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!