AIRPORT POLICE OFFICER (CERTIFIED)
Tampa International Airport Police - Tampa, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $46,213.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $76,374.00 annual
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Enforces all Aviation Authority regulations, federal, state and local laws.
- Enforces traffic laws by observing, issuing citations and warnings and apprehending violators on Aviation Authority premises.
- Responds to calls and investigates problems, disturbances, traffic accidents, crimes, emergencies and other incidents; provides assistance and prepares related reports.
- Performs foot and vehicle patrols in assigned areas on Aviation Authority property to detect and monitor possible criminal activity and interrogates suspicious persons.
- Apprehends and arrests suspected law violators to ensure public safety
- Testifies in court to provide an accurate account of investigation reports and findings.
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Administers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid as required and maintains certification currency.
- Impounds abandoned or illegally parked vehicles, and vehicles used in the commission of crimes.
- Transports prisoners to detention or medical facilities.
- Maintains patrol car, weapons and other law enforcement equipment to insure operational readiness.
- Operates communications equipment.
- Completes written reports and required forms in accordance with standard operating procedures and directives.
- Prepares and preserves evidence in accordance with directives to maintain chain of custody.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must successfully pass the following:
medical to include EKG
- Age: 19
- Education: 60 credits (can be substituted with experience)
- Experience: none required
Three years of experience as a federal, state, county, city or airport authority law enforcement officer.
Two years of experience as a federal, state, county, city or airport authority law enforcement officer; andAn Associate's degree.
Three years of active duty military service with any branch of the United States Armed Forces or the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserves.
Three years of experience as a State of Florida certified Detention Deputy/Correctional Officer.
Two years of employment with the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority.
Successful completion of a State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified Police Academy; and an Associate's degree.
HCAA Rep HR