ADULT MISDEMEANOR PROBATION OFFICER - Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Probation & Parole Officer / Agent
Kootenai County Sheriffs Department - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$21.31 hourly
KOOTENAI COUNTY IS LOOKING FOR PROBATION OFFICERS TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM
APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities ATTACH COVER LETTER, RESUME, LETTERS OF REFERENCE, TRANSCRIPTS & CERTIFICATIONS
Eligibility for hire: Prior to applying please review the screening information https://www.kcgov.us/DocumentCenter/View/3974/Sheriffs-Office-Screening-Form-2018-PDF
THE POSITION: Provides Court-Ordered supervision (from low-risk through intensive) for adult probationers that have been convicted of a criminal offense(s). Ascertains individual client needs in order to match those needs to the appropriate evidenced based programs. Provides the appropriate level of supervision so as to fulfill the conditions of the court order in conjunction with the County's Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Values and Operating Principles, as well as the Mission Statement of the Probation Department.
• $21.31 to $23.93 per hour depending on experience
• Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
• Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $47.00 per month (2019 non-nicotine rate). View our entire benefits package.
• Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities Must successfully pass the County's pre-employment and subsequent random drug testing and selection process to include: law enforcement criminal background check, fingerprinting, polygraph testing, psychological examination, credit check and medical evaluation including hearing and vision. Responds, as needed, in compliance with a 24 hour "on call" responsibility for the monitoring of adult offenders placed under the supervision of the Adult Misdemeanor Probation departments. Attendance in the Idaho Adult Misdemeanor Probation Academy is mandatory upon hire. EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace
- Age: 21
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 2 years related experience
DO YOU QUALIFY?
• Do you have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Social or Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice or a related field; and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training?
• Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license, and are you insurable and have reliable transportation?
• Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid First Aid card and CPR Certification; maintain Appropriate Use of Force Certification; maintain certification for NCIC/ILETS background checks?
• Will you be able to pass the Idaho POST Firearms training and qualify as required by department and POST standards? The person in this position must be POST certified within 12 months of hire as required by Idaho Code
• Check out the complete list of qualifiers: https://www.kcgov.us/DocumentCenter/View/3974/Sheriffs-Office-Screening-Form-2018-PDF