Certified Police Officer
Sworn US Law Enforcement
Braselton Police Department - Braselton, Georgia
Jan 6, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $19.63 hourly
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
JOB TITLE: Officer
DEPARTMENT: Police, Town of Braselton
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property.
- Police officers shall be appointed by the Chief of Police in accordance with the Town of Braselton’s guidelines Police officers shall report directly to their assigned supervisor
- Police officers are subject to laws, rules of the department, and direction of immediate supervisors, police officers shall direct a police function within their area of operation
- Police officers should be acutely aware of the function they serve within the community. Officers should be courteous in their dealings with the public. Officers should be alert for emergency situations and incidents affecting the public welfare
- Police officers shall be responsible for initial and secondary response to a variety of calls for service within their area of assignment
- Police officers are expected to make prompt accurate reports, as required, to their supervisor upon the end of their tour of duty
- Police officers will be expected to follow all lawful orders given by supervisors. They will be held to abide by the laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations governing the operations of the department
- Police officers will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in their assignment. In addition, Police officers shall perform other duties assigned by their supervisor, the Chief of Police, or as needed
- Police officers may be assigned to supervise civilian personnel
- Ability to work shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays & special events)
- Be 21 years of age
- US Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma (or GED)
- Georgia POST Certification
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Age: 21
- Education: Possess a high school diploma (or GED)
- Experience: Georgia POST Certification
PAY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time position with benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: No phone calls will be taken. A police specific application must be filled out and returned to the Human Resources Department.
Nan Edwards, Finance and Human Resources Director
Town of Braselton
P.O. Box 306
Braselton GA 30517
The Town of Braselton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can download a copy of the application at https://www.braselton.net/town_info/job_opportunities/index.php