Cherry Hill - Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer
Cherry Hill Police Department - Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $65000 annual
++CHERRY HILL TOWNSHIP POLICE++
The Township of Cherry Hill is currently seeking certified applicants for the position of Class I and Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer. Candidates must possess a current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification as a Police Officer or a Class I / Class II Special Officer from an approved Police Academy. Retired police officers who separated from prior service in good standing, and with proper training who satisfy the other requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146, may apply.
The Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I or Class II (SLEO) is a part time member of the Police Department. The SLEO Class I or Class II may be scheduled for not more than twenty (20) hours per week to provide public safety and law enforcement services to a public entity. Special Law Enforcement Officers maintain order at public gatherings by using crowd control techniques. They may regulate and control pedestrian and vehicular traffic to assure safe and rapid traffic movement. Officers of this class shall be authorized to exercise full powers and duties similar to those of a permanent, regularly appointed full-time police officer. The use of a firearm by SLEO Class II officers may be authorized only after the officer has been fully certified as successfully completing training as prescribed by the Police Training Commission.
Apply through PoliceApp: http://bit.ly/2M1YqNt
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Certified
- A current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification as a Police Officer or a Class I / Class II Special Officer from an approved Police Academy.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required; one to two years of relevant experience a plus; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a resident of New Jersey
- Hold a valid New Jersey driver’s license
- Have the ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly and intelligently.
- Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude; verified by a background investigation.
- Pass an oral interview.
- Pass a psychological examination.
- Pass a drug test.