Deputy Sheriff (PATROL DIVISION)
Caroline County Sheriff's Office - Denton, Maryland
May 22, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $43,283 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $43,283 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $46,377 annual
The Caroline County Sheriff's Office is hiring both Un-Certified and Maryland Certified Police Officers to fill its ranks. Call 410-479-4105 to have an application emailed to you or you can download an application here https://www.carolinemd.org/jobs.aspx.
***** $1,000 DOLLAR SIGN-ON BONUS - FOR MD CERTIFIED OFFICERS *****
+$43,283 Un-Certified (Academy to less than 2 years service)
+$46,377 Certified (with 2 years or more of Maryland Certified Law Enforcement Service)
The Caroline County Sheriff’s Office is a full-service law enforcement agency. Caroline County consists of a total area of 326 square miles. Deputies are responsible to patrol over 470~ miles of roadway. The Caroline County Sheriff's Office is the primary law enforcement agency for Caroline County Maryland. With various professional fields such as Patrol, Narcotics, Canine Unit, and the Criminal Investigation Division (CID), to name a few, the Caroline County Sheriff's Office has the skills, expertise, and professional staff to handle any situation that it may face.
Download application here: https://www.carolinemd.org/DocumentCenter/View/1801/Caroline-County-Job-Application?bidId=
OR HERE: https://www.carolinemd.org/jobs.aspx
Why should I apply with the Caroline County Sheriff’s Office?
The Caroline County Sheriff’s Office offers a unique and rewarding career for anyone interested in joining a team of law enforcement professionals who are committed to providing the highest level of professional services to the Caroline County community. If an exciting law enforcement career in a dynamic organization is your goal, the Caroline County Sheriff’s Office has what you are looking for.
New State of The Art Sheriff's Office Facility (Completed September 2020)
Sheriff's Office Division and Units
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Patrol Division
- Canine Unit
- School Resource Officers
The Sheriff’s Office provides career opportunities for excellent job security, advancement, job skills, and salary and benefits packages. If words like honor, integrity, and skill define you, we'd like to talk to you about a new career in Law Enforcement with the Caroline County Sheriff’s Office.
What are the benefits of a Caroline County Sheriff’s Deputy?
- MD State Care First Blue Cross Blue Shield – Health Insurance
- 25 Year State Retirement (LEOPS), 20-year retirement for Military Vets with up to 5 years’ service in the Armed Services.
- Delta Dental Insurance
- State Employees Credit Union
- 457 B – Supplemental Retirement
- Long Term Care Insurance
- $50,000 Life Insurance Paid By The Sheriff's Office
What are the leave benefits of a Deputy Sheriff?
- PERSONAL 5 DAYS
- SICK 11 DAYS
- HOLIDAY 11 DAYS
- VACATION 10 DAYS (1-5 YEARS) 15 DAYS (6-10 YEARS) 20 DAYS (11-19 YEARS) 25 DAYS (20 + YEARS)
- Age: 20 1/2
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: None or Certified Police Officer
ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, the Sheriff’s Office would like the following sought after skills and education when selecting Deputy Sheriff’s:
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university recognized by the US Secretary of Education.
- Speak fluently in a second language (i.e. Spanish)
- Proficiency with the use of computers and technology
- Military Veterans
Applicant Mandated Requirements…
- High school diploma
- At least 21 years of age (20.5 years old to enter Police Academy)
- Valid Maryland driver's license
- United States citizen
- Be of excellent character
- Read, write and speak English
- If Prior Military: Must have been honorably discharged
- No felony or Domestic Violence convictions
- No pattern of drug or alcohol abuse
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
Current or Past Drug Usage Disqualifications:
An individual is ineligible for initial certification as a police officer in Maryland if the individual has:
- Been convicted or otherwise found guilty of selling, manufacturing, or distributing a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana;
- Ever illegally sold, produced, cultivated, distributed, or transported a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana;
- Illegally used a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana for any purpose within the 36 months before application for certification;
- Ever illegally used a controlled dangerous substance, or narcotic drug for other than experimentation as specified under §D of this regulation; or
Ever illegally used a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana while employed to enforce federal, state, or local law by any government entity.
D. Presumption of Experimentation. The illegal use of a controlled dangerous substance or narcotic drug is not experimentation if the applicant:
(1) Ever used: (a) Heroin; (b) Phencyclidine (PCP); or (c) Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD); or (2) Other than heroin, PCP, LSD, or marijuana, used any controlled dangerous substance or narcotic drug, or any combination of controlled dangerous substances or narcotic drug that exceeds: (a) A total of five times; or (b) One time since becoming 21 years old