Marine Corps Law Enforcement Program, FL - , Florida
Sep 30, 2019
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 1, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $33949.15 annual
** Starting base salary may increase depending on location and your qualifications upon entry.
** Additional earnings available depending on location.
The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Program (MCLEP) invites you to join the team serving and protecting the greatest fighting force in the world. The MCLEP is responsible for the full spectrum of Law Enforcement aboard Marine Corps bases throughout the United States. Our police officers have the privilege of securing the home front, giving peace of mind to the Marine Corps community while they defend this great country abroad.
No mobility agreements! Choose your location! Full benefits throughout your paid training!
Locations in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
Marine Corps Police Officers enjoy federal benefits, competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and the pride of serving their country as a federal police officer.
BASIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Perform law enforcement duties aboard Marine Corps Installations through the interpretation and enforcement of laws of the United States, Uniform Code of Military Justice, Navy and Marine Corps regulations, and installation procedures.
- Conduct Police Officer duties to preserve peace and security through the:
- prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes
- apprehension of violators
- assistance to citizens in emergency situations
- Respond to emergency calls, complaints, and other calls for service
- Perform motorized, walking, or fixed patrols of your assigned area
- Coordinate with local, state, and other federal agencies
- Complete detailed reports and required paperwork over the course of your duties
- Testify at legal proceedings when called upon
- Age: Min 18 - No Max
- Education: HS Diploma
- Experience: Good work history
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check
- Must pass all weapons qualifications prior to assigned duties and responsibilities, will carry firearms and must pass all re-qualification as required
- Must pass a sanctioned physical agility test and medical evaluation; pass periodic re-test as required
- Must pass all sanctioned job compatibility/psychological examinations
- Must pass a National Agency Check and local background check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Must possess a current valid United States driver's license and be able to maintain a U.S. Government emergency vehicle operator's license
- Must maintain appearance and grooming standards while wearing a uniform per Marine Corps Orders/policies
- Must be able to train and wear personal protective equipment to include mask, suit, boots, and gloves in preparation for chemical/biological attacks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (marijuana included).