Hill County Sheriff's Office - Jailer (Full-Time)
Hill County Sheriff's Office - Hillsboro, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $36100 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $36978 annual
The Hill County Sheriff’s Office, a community-oriented team of law enforcement professionals, is seeking to fill immediate openings. If you are a quality individual looking for long-term employment in a rewarding field, please apply today.
++BENEFITS & PERKS: ++
• Certification/Education Pay; monthly stipend available upon hire.
• Specialized Skills Pay: monthly stipends available up to $300/month/employee
• Longevity Pay after completion of three years of service.
• PTO (Paid Time Off): Accrued 6.81 hours per pay period
• 13 paid holidays observed per year • FREE employee medical, dental and life insurance • Take home car program
• 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off
• Uniforms and equipment, including vest, sidearm, leather gear and a cell phone are provided. RETIREMENT:
• Hill County is a member of Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS).
• 7% of your gross wages per pay period are contributed and matched 2 to 1 by the County
• Vesting requirement is 8 years of continued service
Apply through PoliceApp: http://bit.ly/32u5yXD
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Certified
++ REQUIREMENTS ++
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid state driver’s license and have a good driving record.
• Must be able to obtain the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) County Jailer Certification within twelve (12) months after hire date (paid for by Hill County).
• Must be able to perform defense tactics against individuals and frequently interact with hostile/combative people. Requires one or more of the following: prolonged sitting, standing, walking, running, ascending and descending of both interior and exterior stairs.
• Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
• Must have the knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, and office processes;
• Must be of good moral character
• Candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a medical examination including drug testing.
• All personnel shall complete a minimum 12 month new-hire probationary period