Intelligence Officer (LEO or Non-LEO)
Washington State Gambling Commission - Lacey, Washington
May 20, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $4,593 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $6,493 annual
The Washington State Gambling Commission is seeking a highly skilled and qualified candidate to fill our Intelligence Officer position within our Criminal Enforcement Unit. This full-time position will be located at one of our field office's in Federal Way, Lacey or Spokane, Washington.
As an Intelligence Officer you will collect, analyze and evaluate information; make an assessment of criminal patterns; produces and disseminates intelligence bulletins; creates profiles or dossiers on criminals, locations or wanted fugitives; identify investigative trends; assists with ongoing investigations by providing research, social network analysis, telephone analysis and other products to assist in identifying and locating active criminal groups; collect and analyze financial information; be familiar with government law enforcement databases; facilitate or initiate viable criminal cases (tactical intelligence); make an assessment of criminal patterns, trends or groups for the purposes of planning, decision-making and resource allocation over time (strategic intelligence).
Starting salary ranges from $4,593 monthly ($55,116 annually) - $5,882 monthly ($70,548 annually) DOQ, with steady increases up to a maximum of $6,493 monthly ($77,916 annually).
NOTE: 5% Premium Pay will be added to salary if duty station is in King County .
This position is unique because you can qualify for the position two different ways, law enforcement or non-law enforcement.
Who We Are
The Washington State Gambling Commission is a state accredited, limited-jurisdiction law enforcement agency whose mission is to protect the public by ensuring that gambling is legal and honest. We are the second oldest gambling agency in the country and the only statewide agency that licenses and regulates an estimated $3.5 billion gambling industry comprised of Tribal, commercial, and nonprofit businesses.
Why join our team?
When asked to provide a few words to describe our agency, our employees used these:
* Flexible * Supportive * Family Oriented * Variety * Teamwork * Fun * Unique *Collaborative
* Professional * Work-life Balance * Strong Sense of Community * People First * Opportunities to learn
Our employees are our most important asset and we are looking for highly talented individuals to join our team. We offer:
• Interesting and challenging work, including a wide range of criminal and administrative investigations, regulatory field work, and working with local and state agencies;
• Paid law enforcement training and tuition reimbursement programs;
• Flexible work schedules, 160 hours within a 28-day work period;
• A working environment that supports diversity;
• Agency furnished equipment, including a take home vehicle and firearm;
Of course, we offer EXCELLENT employment benefits including medical and dental, life insurance, paid leave, and several retirement options.
Our core values of Integrity, Professionalism, Respect and Diversity are integrated in all aspects of every position. We are a tightknit agency of 119 employees when fully staffed.
If you are interested in working in an environment where employees matter, are recognized for their contributions, and wish to make a difference, this may be the Agency for you!
To learn more about our agency, we invite you to visit our website at http://www.wsgc.wa.gov/.
The WSGC has four phases to our hiring process:
Phase 1 With or without BLEA application (see more info below)
Phase 2 Panel interview
Phase 3 Background Investigation
Phase 4 Polygraph exam, Psychological Exam, Medical Exam, Drug test.
Phase 1 Hiring process for applicants without a Basic Law Enforcement certification:
• Apply online with Public Safety Testing (www.publicsafetytesting.com) and schedule initial testing.
• Complete the Law Enforcement Exam and Physical Ability Test on your scheduled test date.
Phase 1 Hiring process for applicants with current Basic Law Enforcement certification OR equivalent:
• Apply online with Public Safety Testing (www.publicsafetytesting.com) (be sure to choose the Lateral option) and schedule initial testing.
All Phase 1 applicants will need to complete your Personal History Statement (PHS) immediately after completing your initial tests. Once you have completed your initial tests and PHS through Public Safety Testing (PST) (publicsafetytesting.com), your name, score, and applicant profile will be forwarded to us.
- Age: n/a
- Education: Four (4) year Degree (BA/BS), OR AA Degree, with at least two (2) years' of experience
- Experience: Research, crime analysis, intelligence analysis, and or interpretation of law enforcement data, or invstigations. (Note: Additional related experience may substitute year for year for education)