City of Rifle - Rifle, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$25.00 hourly
The primary function of a Patrol Officer is to promote the peace, safety, and well-being of our community
through interaction, education, and enforcement of the law. The Patrol Officer is responsible for
delivering police services to the community, answering 911 calls, taking reports, solving problems and
participating in community outreach and events.
The minimum wage is $25.00 per hour with maximum wage dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- 12.5% City contribution towards Police Pension Plan
- 108 hours annual Floating Holiday Pay
- City pays 100% of Dental and Vision insurance premium for employees and their families
- City pays high % of Medical insurance premium with option of HDHP or PPO plan
- City contributes up to $3500 to HSA when HDHP is selected
- City contributes up to $550 to HRA when PPO is selected
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually increasing with longevity
- Employer paid $30k life insurance policy
Located on the Western Slope of Colorado, Rifle is 60 miles East of the Grand Junction Regional Airport and 40 miles Northwest of Sunlight Mountain Resort. Rifle is also home to world-renowned climbing at Rifle Mountain Park.
Full job description and application can be found at rifleco.org
- Age: 21+
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Current POST certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
All applications must be received through the City website: rifleco.org
Please follow all directions stated on the job posting including submission of a short essay addressing why YOU want to work as a Patrol Officer for the City of Rifle.