Atlanta Metropolitan State College Police Department - Atlanta, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $Based on qualifications annual
• Patrols campus areas on foot or by motorized vehicle; issues citations and warnings.
• Directs traffic and enforces traffic laws and regulations. •
Maintains watch over buildings and grounds; checks doors and windows.
• Observes and/or investigates suspicious actions or persons, and dangerous or defective conditions.
• Reports and investigates accidents, vandalism, thefts and fire. Assists in the location of lost or stolen property.
• Gives directions and other information to the public as requested. Maintains records of accidents and investigations.
• Gives warnings and issues tickets to the public. Advises students, faculty, and staff on campus regulations.
• Investigates traffic accidents, questions drivers and witnesses, and assists injured; records pertinent data describing scene and circumstances.
• Performs specialized police work in protecting life and property, preventing violations, enforcing laws and regulations on University property and apprehending violators within police jurisdiction.
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee's direct supervisor.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is accepting applications for full time Police Officers. The College currently serves approximately 3200 commuting students on its main campus located at 1630 Metropolitan Parkway S.W. These are full time twelve-month exempt positions which reports to the Chief of Police through the chain of command in place. The incumbent is responsible for training security officers and patrols all areas of the campus to ensure the safety of all students, staff, faculty, visitors and facilities. This position ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in regards to conducting law enforcement duties. These duties also involve patrolling assigned areas, traffic enforcement, accident reporting, and criminal investigations. Assignments are received from Chief of Police, or, other superiors and carried out using established policies and procedures. However, employee must exercise quick, independent, and sound judgment and display initiative in applying work methods to emergency situations which arise when a superior is not immediately available. Work requires dedication to public service often made difficult by emotional or physical stress of events. Incumbents are required to be available for all shifts. Campus Police Officers must pass a physical exam and are subject to applicable drug and alcohol testing policies. Apply today at www.atlm.edu (Click administration tab, Human Resources, Careers)
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: N/A
High School diploma or GED is required for this position; completion of some college level course work and law enforcement experience preferred but not required. A valid Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Certificate (POST) or the ability to obtain said certificate upon employment is required. Must be able to successfully qualify with the service weapon (initially and annually), a valid Georgia driver's license with an acceptable driving record, and successfully pass the State Officer Physical Abilities Test prior to the final offer of employment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to assemble, analyze and evaluate information and data. Applicant must have excellent written and communication skills.
SGT. MARCUS HILL