City of Edwardsville - Edwardsville, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $42847 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $46820 annual
- Top Pay:
- $51162 annual
Police Officer Position Announcement
The City of Edwardsville, Kansas is currently recruiting all qualified persons to fill immediate and future Police Officer position(s).
Located in the I-70, I-435 corridor in the Kansas City metropolitan area, the City of Edwardsville is positioned for fast growth from numerous proposed development projects. The department has an authorized strength of 18 fulltime officers and is seeking individuals who are ready and able to meet new and exciting challenges and will enthusiastically embrace the department’s principles of loyalty, integrity, fairness, and excellence.
The City of Edwardsville offers a full array of generous benefits including:
· A progressive pay schedule ranging from $ $42,847/yr. to $51,162/yr.
o Lateral candidates up to $46,820/yr. dependent upon education and years of service
o A sign-on bonus and frontloaded leave time is available to qualified candidates_. _
· Group health insurance coverage with low employee contributions for family coverage,
· Education Yearly Pays: AA degree $900, BA/S $1200, MA/S $1560,
· KP&F retirement,
· 80 vacation hours, 96 hours annual sick leave accruals,
· All equipment supplied at the time of hire,
· Uniform cleaning provided at no cost to employee,
· 10 paid holidays, Holiday Worked Pay at double time and a half,
· Overtime after 40 physical work hours,
· No residency requirement – 45-minute response time,
· FTO, Range Master, DARE/SRO, and foreign language specialty pays.
Minimum Qualifications: Twenty-one years of age at time of appointment; high school diploma or GED; possess current peace officer certification, or ability to obtain certification within one year, good physical condition; no domestic violence or felony convictions.
Selection process will include a written test, interview panel, medical and psychological examination, drug screen, and polygraph. Dates TBA.
Persons interested in this exciting opportunity should apply by submitting a letter of interest, résumé, and completed City of Edwardsville employment application to Edwardsville Police Department, 650 South 4th Street, Edwardsville, KS 66111. Applications can be obtained from the Police Services Clerk at (913) 356-6054, by downloading the application form from the City’s website at www.edwardsvilleks.org, or request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
- Age: 21
- Education: Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED (College Degree Required for Lateral Consideration)
- Experience: None Required