SEASONAL MARINE DEPUTIES NEEDED - Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Kootenai County Sheriffs Department - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $$17.50 hourly
This is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Serve your community by patrolling Kootenai County’s beautiful waterways next summer (2020).
This recruitment comes along once a year. APPLY NOW!
Posting closes: DECEMBER 15, 2019
THE OPPORTUNITY supplies an entry-level experience for individuals 18 and over who want to pursue a career in law enforcement by patrolling Kootenai County waterways, conducting vessel safety inspections, responding to calls for assistance, issuing citations, investigating accidents, and removing hazards. To view the full job description: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kcgov/classspecs/1104503?keywords=marine%20deputy&pagetype=classSpecifications
Pay rate: $17.50 per hour
The 2020 Marine Season is tentatively scheduled to start on Monday, April 20, 2020 and will run through Labor Day Weekend. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TESTING: Written and Physical Agility – Thursday, December 19, 2019 and Oral Board Interviews – Friday, December 20, 2019
Apply online at www.kcgov.us . Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board and Polygraph Examination. Medical testing and vaccination for hepatitis and tuberculosis testing are required. Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying: https://www.kcsheriff.com/DocumentCenter/View/235/KCSO-Screening-Form-2018
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 12 months work experience (does not have to be related)
THIS WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has an interest in law enforcement
• Is looking for a seasonal position
• Is comfortable with interviewing witnesses, and conducting preliminary investigations
• Would enjoy fielding questions from the public and advising on basic law premises
DO YOU QUALIFY?
• Are you 18 years old or older?
• Do you have a High School Diploma or GED and twelve (12) months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience?
• Do you have a driver’s license and are you insurable?
• Are you able to operate patrol craft?