Washington State Gambling Commission - Spokane, Washington
May 20, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $4,593 - $5,882 DOQ monthly
- Top Pay:
- $6,493 monthly
The Washington State Gambling Commission (WSGC) is recruiting for a full-time Special Agent within our Licensing, Regulation and Enforcement Division. Special Agents are limited jurisdiction law enforcement officers and are exempt from state civil service rules.
This position is responsible for conducting regulatory and criminal investigations under RCW Chapter 9.46 and WAC Title 230 throughout Washington in coordination with federal, state, and local law enforcement and regulatory agencies. This position will be assigned to a home office in Central Washington. Applicants must live within the Ellensburg/Yakima/Moses Lake Region.
As a Washington State law enforcement officer, Special Agents are required to complete a basic law enforcement academy. If you do not currently hold a law enforcement certification, you will have the opportunity to attend the Basic Law Enforcement Academy through the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Center. Special Agent starting salary ranges from $55,116 - $70,548 annually, depending upon your education and experience, with steady increases up to a maximum of $77,916 annually.
To learn more about our agency, we invite you to visit our website https://www.wsgc.wa.gov/
The WSGC has four phases to our hiring process:
- Phase 1 Physical fitness test and written test (conducted by Public Safety Testing)
- Phase 2 Panel interview
- Phase 3 Background Investigation
- Phase 4 Polygraph exam, Psychological Exam, Medical Exam, Drug test.
Phase 1 Hiring process for applicants without a Basic Law Enforcement certification:
- Apply online with Public Safety Testing (https://www.publicsafetytesting.com) and schedule initial testing.
- Complete the Law Enforcement Exam and Physical Ability Test on your scheduled test date.
Phase 1 Hiring process for applicants with current Basic Law Enforcement certification OR equivalent:
- Apply online with Public Safety Testing (https://www.publicsafetytesting.com) (be sure to choose the Lateral option) and schedule initial testing.
All Phase 1 applicants will need to complete your Personal History Statement (PHS) immediately after completing your initial tests. Once you have completed your initial tests and PHS through Public Safety Testing (PST) (https://www.publicsafetytesting.com), your name, score, and applicant profile will be forwarded to us.
- Age: N/A
- Education: A Four Year Degree (BA/BS), OR AA Degree, with (2) or more years of related work experience
- Experience: Four (4) or more years as a commissioned law enforcement officer with a High School Diploma or GED*
*Related work experience must be in auditing, accounting, regulatory work, a commissioned law enforcement officer, investigating fraud, or investigative work specific to government or the gaming industry.