Multiple Entry Level and Lateral Police Officer Positions
DC Metropolitan Police Department - Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level:
- $60,199 annual
Duty calls in the Nation's Capital.
Join the Metropolitan Police Department!
The mission of the Metropolitan Police Department is to safeguard the District of Columbia and protect residents and visitors by providing the highest quality of police service with integrity, compassion, and a commitment to innovation that integrates people, technology, and progressive business systems. Discover an organization with a renewed feeling of pride and purpose.
We’re building a crime-fighting partnership between the police and the community as we develop a new sense of promise and potential within our police department. Help us write a brand new chapter in the history of policing in the District of Columbia. We are seeking qualified candidates to serve as police officers. Additionally, we are always seeking qualified military veterans, so they may continue to serve their Nation’s Capital.
New recruit residential housing available. Click here to begin the application process.
- Police Officer (Recruit, Experienced Officer) $60,199.00 annual
- Cadet $34,432.00 **annual**
- Reserve Police Officer – Volunteer
- Intern – Volunteer
25 year Retirement - 62.5% of highest three years’ salary, upwards to 80% for additional years of service
Family Health and Dental Packages
Paid Family Leave
Overtime and Duty compensation Pay
Accrued Annual & Sick Leave
Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Age: At least 21 years of age
- Education: Listed below
- Experience: Listed below
Minimum Requirements at time of application:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess at least 20/100 vision, correctable to 20/30 in both eyes
- Pass a written test
- Pass a physical ability test
- Submit to a polygraph examination
- Pass a medical examination, including a drug-screening test
- Pass a psychological examination
- Possess a high moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties
- Possess a valid driver's license at the time of application
REQUIREMENTS FOR OPEN POSITIONS
Requirement(s) Entry-Level Police Officer:
Successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit — essentially the equivalent of two years of higher education with course work in any subject matter. Credits from any accredited college or university will be accepted; OR
Served in the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Organized Reserves and National Guard, for two (2) years on active duty and, if separated from the military, have received an honorable discharge; If you qualify for Entry-Level Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here.
Requirement(s) Experienced Police Officer:
- Have served three (3) years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality or a state within the United States, and have resigned or retired in good standing. No college credits are required for this program.
If you qualify for Experienced Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here.
All applicants must take the entry level examination. To schedule the written exam in your hometown, click here then click 'Find Jobs', then DC Metropolitan Police Department to schedule your exam.