Brought to you by FastRedaction by Intrinsics Inc.
Spotlight: FastRedaction is an entirely new approach to video redaction
Let FastRedaction help you redact your videos online
Company Name: FastRedaction by Intrinsics Inc.
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Signature Product: Mantis
FastRedaction.com is an entirely new approach to video redaction. Providing access to the world's best Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms, it requires only a web browser, is extraordinarily easy to use, and is up to ten times faster than other methods.
1. Where did your company name originate from?
Our company name comes from the focus on discovering the essential nature, or intrinsics, of an image.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
We were commissioned by metro law enforcement to develop the ability to search automatic license pate reader (ALPR) images when no plate number is available.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Our signature product is Mantis, which tags ALPR images with typical eyewitness attributes such as vehicle color, make, body, stickers, and other descriptors.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical (Police, Fire, EMS, Corrections, Government) community?
They advance the state of computer vision to meet the most critical needs of law enforcement.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Developing algorithms with the precision and speed to meet the real-time investigative requirements.
6. What makes your company unique?
The ability to combine state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms and cloud-based computing for purpose-built solutions specifically for law enforcement.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
The precision, speed, and scalability of our computer vision algorithms.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
Getting user feedback of crimes solved and time saved with Intrinsics computer vision software.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
Before focusing on law enforcement, the Intrinsics team supported the United States Navy in developing computer vision software that runs on every submarine in the American fleet. Their software enhances digital periscope imagery in real time to provide crews early threat detection and enhanced situational awareness.
10. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Our curator software will index massive video databases for instant search by video or audio events of interest.