Spotlight: Have no doubt with Buffalo Armory
Have the right armor. Have the right partner. Have no doubt.
Company Name: Buffalo Armory
Headquarters: Buffalo, NY
Signature Product: Body Armor
1. Where did your company name originate from?
The company is located in Buffalo, NY and we are bringing steel back to Buffalo. The name conjures up images of 18th and 19th century armories that forged armor and produced weapons for the US military from the Civil War to the present.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Our passion is producing a better armor to protect our troops and first responders. We began this journey in 2011 and settled on induction technology to produce a world class armor solution.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
We produce seven different grades of armor with proprietary induction technology. This armor provides better and lighter solutions for body armor plates and vehicle armor.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the police community?
We provide our customers with better and lighter ballistic solutions. This is important to first responders reacting to an active shooter with a high velocity rifle and our military which is working to develop better ballistic solutions for armored vehicles. Lighter armor translates to lighter equipment. With body armor, we equip first responders with high velocity rifle protection to quickly eliminate active shooter threats. With vehicles, our armor provides better and lighter ballistic protection to reduce fuel requirements, wear on drive trains and wear on suspension systems.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
As a start-up, we faced the challenges of developing a new application for induction technology and bringing a new product to market.
6. What makes your company unique?
Competitive armor is produced in conventional, gas fired furnaces. Our armor is produced in a fraction of the time with induction technology.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Quality and consistency of product, all certified to NIJ 0101.06 standards.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
The Buffalo Armory team shares a passion for providing better ballistic protection to first responders and troops in harm’s way. This is our purpose, our reason for being.
9. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety/community? Tell us more.
We support the National Tactical Officers Association, the New York State Sheriff’s Association, and the Association of the United States Army.
10. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
The Buffalo Armory team members are all steel industry “old hands.” Collectively, the eight team members represent over 200 years of experience in the steel industry. We understand metals, quality and traceability.
11. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
We are developing a Level 4 ballistic solution which will result in a durable, multi-hit and thinner profile ballistic plate solution. This will replace today’s ceramic solutions that are fragile, single hit, prone to crack and expensive.