Brought to you by PH&S Products
Spotlight: PH&S gloves protect police officers from fentanyl and other hazards
PH&S’ goal is to provide the highest quality gloves to public safety professionals
Company Name: PH&S Products LLC.
Headquarters: Minerva, OH
Signature Product: ResQ-grip Gloves
PH&S is pioneering the production and marketing of accelerator, suflur, and zinc free gloves in North America.
1. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
The inspiration behind PH&S (short for “Public, Health and Safety Products”) is to service a market with quality products in the hand protection industry based on our employees’ deep experience and knowledge.
2. What is your signature product and how does it work?
ResQ-grip Gloves: – A single- use glove that provides 3rd third party -tested heroin and fentanyl protection along with an advanced grip pattern for better grip on wet or slippery surfaces. This glove also provides a higher force of break compared to standard single- use gloves on the market today.
3. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical (Police, Fire, EMS, Corrections, Government) community?
With the increase of opioid use the public service sector is being exposed to more dangers than ever before; high quality hand protection is of the utmost importance.
4. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Exposure in the market that ResQ-grip is not just another glove.
5. What makes your company unique?
Like every company we are looking to be profitable and employ good people from our community but we are not about sales for volume. We look to add features to our gloves that benefit the customers -. from the ResQ-grip glove formulated to protect from opioids to our accelerator, sulfur and zinc free gloves to reduce skin irritations.
6. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Our personalized customer service and high quality gloves.
7. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
Speaking with first responders and hearing their stories of what they face every day on the job and how they appreciate the high quality products and services we provide.
8. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety/community? Tell us more.
Being a family owned business and employing local people, we support two local school districts in a variety of ways, including their sporting facilities, entrepreneur club, and many student- focused activities. We also participate in helping fund the local YMCA that provides activities for the youth at reduced rates due to local business support. We are active in the Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Clubs in our area and the many causes they support. In addition, we have donated gloves to police departments, flooding recovery events, local church youth groups, special needs adult facilities and many more.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
Our offices and one warehouse are located in a building that previously produced wax paper for kitchens all over the United States.
10. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Stay tuned – we will be broadening the ResQ-grip line!