Introducing the Tactical Emergency Medical Peace Officer (TEMPO™) Course
The TEMPO™ Course is a new and innovative concept formed under the leadership of Dr. Jeffrey Ho, a senior faculty physician in the HCMC Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ho has a unique skillset that includes training and work in fireground operations, military medicine, Emergency Medical Services/Ambulance (EMS) operations, emergency medicine, SWAT team medicine, and law enforcement. The TEMPO Course recognizes that Peace Officers (POs) are one of the largest groups of public safety First Responder professionals. Moreover, they require specialized medical knowledge to perform their roles effectively because they operate in more dangerous environments than most. Following are some of the offerings of TEMPO:
• EMT Basic Refresher
• EMT Refresher Certificate issued upon completion
• Occupation specific emergency medical training
• Scenario based skill evaluations and instruction
• Course design specific to Law Enforcement personnel
• Low student to instructor ratio for continuous feedback
• Expanded Instruction on additional medical topics such as Excited Delirium Syndrome recognition and treatment; Officer Survival Physiology; Self Care/Partner Care; Tactical Evacuation; Critical Decision drills; Use of Force Physiology considerations.
The TEMPO Course will cover all of the basic topics required for national refresher certification (either First Responder or EMT Basic level) and is taught by a cadre of well-qualified and unique faculty. The faculty collectively has decades of experience in emergency patient care, tactical EMS, and law enforcement operations.
Available only to sworn law enforcement personnel, this course is unlike any standard EMS Refresher. It will enable the student to use EMS skills that they have developed and apply them specifically to their occupational setting in ways that have not previously been thought of.
• Following successful program completion, national certification is valid for a period of 2 years but the skills the students earn will be helpful for their careers.
If you have interest in the above described program please click on the link below to fill out the questionnaire and you will be contacted shortly.
- Tactical EMS / TEMS