Gamber-Johnson Introduces New Public Safety Low Profile Console Box
Stevens Point, WI – Gamber-Johnson, renowned manufacturer of mobile docking stations, announces the availability of its new low profile console box designed for advanced public safety in-vehicle technology.
The universal low profile console box (Item No. MCS-LOWBOX) has been designed to work with recently adopted technology by law enforcement agencies throughout the country. Evolving and compact technology such as remote radio-heads and siren-heads need to be securely and safely stowed without obstructing an officer’s view or exiting space.
Gamber-Johnson Product Manager, Jennifer Guerndt explains, “Communication tools are increasingly becoming more compact and this low profile model discourages wasted space. Additionally, because it can support up to five radios it may be utilized by police departments varying in size, and this adds greater versatility. As with our entire product line, safety and durability played influential roles in the design of the low profile console box.”
Key product components of the low profile console box include:
- The slant of the low profile design ranges from 4 – 6 inches, and is interchangeable allowing installation of either end.
- The console box sits flush with or slightly below the front seats allowing ample space for an emergency passenger side exit if needed. The rounded edges serve as an added safety feature.
- Heavy gauge steel, a black powdercoat finish, and 12 inches of radio mounting space allowing up to five radio/control heads extend the product life resulting in a lower total cost of ownership.
- There are 11 knockout panels and multiple cutouts for cigarette adapters designed into the box.
- Easy wiring access to the truck through the large cut-outs located on the bottom and both sides of the box.
- Added conveniences built in such as pre-drilled holes for the universal dual cup-holder, task light usage, computer mounting bracket, or other devices which may need to be mounted.