LDV Delivers Command Post with Four Slide-outs for Illinois Emergency Management Agency
Burlington, WI - A state-of-the-art, 53-foot Mobile Command Center, designed and manufactured by LDV, was presented to the Illinois Emergency Management Agency December 10, 2005. It will be deployed from Springfield, IL, and will also serve as the governor's mobile office during an incident command situation.
The command center will also provide critical interoperability and communications between all levels of government, ensuring all agencies are informed and aware of necessary directives.
Equipped with the industry's most advanced technology to help emergency response professionals react to any type of situation, this new command center features two 21.5-foot by 3.5 foot and two 12-foot by 3.5 foot slide-outs. These slide-outs expand the department's high-tech, communications space allowing an additional 276.5 square feet of space, for a total of 685 square feet.
Other features of this highly sophisticated command post include:
- 52-foot, heavy-duty telescoping pneumatic mast with 90 feet of 1-inch Nycoil cable, ready for camera installation and CCTV system
- 30 fixed wireless telephone terminals with caller ID, call waiting/call hold and call forwarding
- 30 land line telephone inputs
- 33 CAT6 computer network jacks
- Three 17-inch wall-mount color TV/monitors
- Conference room with table, 22 chairs, phone and computer hook-ups, and a 42-inch plasma TV
- Incinolet stainless steel electric toilet system
- Motorola radio interoperability system
- One-touch automatic hydraulic leveling system
- Two automatic exterior awnings
- Analog fax capability
This Command Center also includes a Capricorn™ 2000 weather station with LCD touch screen display and computer interface, a full galley with refrigerator, microwave oven, water cooler and industrial coffee maker.
Mobile Command Centers are used to respond to major public events, emergency or disaster locations, or when public safety operations need to be coordinated and directed from the scene. Frequently, they serve as staging areas where news media or other officials can gather to receive accurate, first hand information about an event.
The single-source leader in integrated mobile solutions since 1977, LDV Inc. provides Homeland Security vehicles, mobile tool stores and other specialized interiors for a variety of customers. LDV's mission is to engage in partnerships to serve customers as consultants, designers and manufacturers of customer-driven mobile solutions. LDV's manufacturing capabilities include on-site metal fabrication, custom interiors, graphics, HVAC, wiring, and all critical pieces of the manufacturing process. LDV, Inc. is based in Burlington, WI.