41 New Orleans recruits, first since Katrina, face first day of training
By Laura Maggi, Staff writer
For the 41 recruits who signed on to join the depleted ranks of the New Orleans Police Academy, the first day of training Monday made clear a harsh reality: Not all of them will make it.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house