To be able to compete, Maine police simplify recruit process
DAVID HENCH Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc.
Portland Press Herald (Maine)
The Portland Police Department wants to streamline its hiring process and step up recruitment to better compete with other departments in Maine and elsewhere for a dwindling pool of prospective officers.
The department has to make changes, officials say, to keep up with the aggressive recruiting and lucrative offers coming from other communities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation