To be able to compete, Maine police simplify recruit process
DAVID HENCH Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc.
Portland Press Herald (Maine)
The Portland Police Department wants to streamline its hiring process and step up recruitment to better compete with other departments in Maine and elsewhere for a dwindling pool of prospective officers.
The department has to make changes, officials say, to keep up with the aggressive recruiting and lucrative offers coming from other communities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court