To be able to compete, Maine police simplify recruit process
DAVID HENCH Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc.
Portland Press Herald (Maine)
The Portland Police Department wants to streamline its hiring process and step up recruitment to better compete with other departments in Maine and elsewhere for a dwindling pool of prospective officers.
The department has to make changes, officials say, to keep up with the aggressive recruiting and lucrative offers coming from other communities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter