Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Christopher Heredia, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
It's not a shortage of money, but a shortage of applicants that is keeping Oakland from hiring more police officers under Measure Y, an anti-crime measure voters approved last fall to finance the hiring of 63 officers and bring the ranks to 803 officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend