Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Christopher Heredia, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
It's not a shortage of money, but a shortage of applicants that is keeping Oakland from hiring more police officers under Measure Y, an anti-crime measure voters approved last fall to finance the hiring of 63 officers and bring the ranks to 803 officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house