Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Christopher Heredia, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
It's not a shortage of money, but a shortage of applicants that is keeping Oakland from hiring more police officers under Measure Y, an anti-crime measure voters approved last fall to finance the hiring of 63 officers and bring the ranks to 803 officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oakland has funds, but can't find more officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms