Canadian police using Web for tech savvy recruits
South China Morning Post
VANCOUVER, CANADA — The city of Vancouver's police department has searched far and wide for possible recruits to join its force. Now, it is extending its pursuit to the virtual world, following the lead of a number of large companies that are attracting job candidates within the online community, Second Life.
The Vancouver Police Department is the first police force to join Second Life, where recruiters and potential candidates interact with each other through avatars, or digital animated characters.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman