La. police at a loss for words
Copyright 2006 The Times-Picayune Publishing Company
Many new residents in New Orleans speak only Spanish
By PAUL RIOUX
NEW ORLEANS, La. — Slidell police Lt. Kevin O'Neill was dispatched to the City Motel recently to investigate a series of 911 calls in which the caller kept hanging up without saying a word.
He arrived to find several men with puzzled expressions huddled around the phone in their room.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. police at a loss for words
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help