Wisc. chief considers speeding up academy time
By Mary Yeater Rathbun
The Capital Times
MADISON, Wisc. — Madison Police Chief Noble Wray said this morning that he is considering an accelerated police academy for 2008 in order to get the 18 new officers that Mayor Dave Cieslewicz has agreed to include in next year's budget.
To make it work, however, he added that the department would be recruiting people with prior law enforcement experience for the 2008 academy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wisc. chief considers speeding up academy time
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house