D.C. police take recruitment drive to the airways
By John McArdle
Politicians aren't the only ones on Capitol Hill who worry about advertising "air wars."
The Capitol Police department currently is in the midst of its semi-annual recruitment blitz, airing radio advertisements on four local stations and print spots in several newspapers and magazines around the country. This year alone, the department is expecting to receive about 3,000 applications.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court