Police shortage hitting all of Utah
By Rebecca Palmer
The Deseret Morning News
UTAH - Keldon Arrington has wanted to be a police officer for a long time -- ever since his wife got tired of his scrubbing toilets for pay.
Following a stint in the military, a crime-free past and years of experience in janitorial management, the Utah native felt ready and qualified to do the job. He also knew what it would take -- he had watched his father's police career since childhood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police shortage hitting all of Utah
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help