Calif. department to cut police force; will lose 25 LEOs
The Modesto Bee
MODESTO, Calif. — Budget cuts the Modesto City Council approved Tuesday night will slice services most residents take for granted.
Police, fire and parks staffing will diminish through attrition to shore up Modesto's budget with $8.6 million in cuts to city departments. The Police Department will lose 25 officers and nine civilian posts, drawing down its sworn ranks to about 260.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman