Chicago police recruits sent home, not to streets
By Annie Sweeney and Fran Spielman
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — When the latest class of Chicago Police recruits showed up to fill out the final paperwork before their training was to start last month, they got some surprising news.
They could go home, they were told. Class was canceled until further notice.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman