Boston PD faces shortage in recruits
By Jessica Van Sack
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — Boston is facing a serious shortage in police recruits, as the commissioner grapples with too many overweight, unfit and unqualified applicants who think being a member of Boston’s finest is like starring in an episode of CSI.
This year’s police academy class is only 60 percent full, despite a slick, $100,000 ad campaign that failed to attract enough candidates who could withstand tough BPD vetting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Boston PD faces shortage in recruits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house