Boston PD faces shortage in recruits
By Jessica Van Sack
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — Boston is facing a serious shortage in police recruits, as the commissioner grapples with too many overweight, unfit and unqualified applicants who think being a member of Boston’s finest is like starring in an episode of CSI.
This year’s police academy class is only 60 percent full, despite a slick, $100,000 ad campaign that failed to attract enough candidates who could withstand tough BPD vetting.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Boston PD faces shortage in recruits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms