1,000 officers graduate NYPD academy
The New York Sun
NEW YORK — Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly welcomed 1,013 new police officers into the department's ranks at their graduation at Madison Square Garden yesterday.
Mr. Bloomberg told the recruits that they would serve in the "world's greatest police force," and said that the New York City Police Department was a model for law enforcement agencies around the world.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 1,000 officers graduate NYPD academy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police